The key for the 2nd Friday is D. TGID!
Stuff to work on in D:
1. Major power scale (1 2 3 4 5)
2. Minor power scale (1 2 b3 4 5)
3. Phrygian power scale (1 b2 b3 4 5)
4. Octave major arpeggio (1 3 5 8 5 3)
5. Octave minor arpeggio (1 b3 5 8 5 b3)
6. Octave chromatic scale
7. Optional (or alternate with major PS): major scale to the 9th (= 2 major power scales, stacked)
8. Optional but highly recommended: do a free jam in that key. Try everything/anything you can think of. Steps, leaps, go all over the place.
Do each at 3 or 4 speeds, from deliberate to lickedy-split. You may record your fastest times to compare your speeds among varies scales or keys.
Vary articulation: all slurred, 2+2, all tongued. Double-tongued – two notes per pitch
Optional, but fun: add accents, e.g. duple, triple, or odd meter
Optional but fun: do any of this with a partner – make it into a duet. You can add fun stuff like accents that are different (they do duple, you do triple, e.g.). Or you do scale while they do arpeggio.
Idea: Add any other pattern you like to extend your knowledge of today’s (or any day’s) scale.