“Evansville’s [Indiana] own Tales & Scales is an innovative ensemble that exists to ignite, nurture, and fully engage the imaginations of young people through Musictelling. Since its inception in 1986, Tales & Scales has commissioned and performed original productions for over one million young people in schools, libraries, community centers, performing arts centers and with symphony orchestras.”
“Tales & Scales (www.talesandscales.org) is the nation’s only musictelling ensemble. Since 1986, our troupe of musicians has collaborated with outstanding composers, writers, directors and choreographers to create innovative interdisciplinary works in our mission to ignite, nurture, and fully engage the imaginations of young people. Using minimal sets and costumes, our uniquely-talented performers combine music, story, theatre and dance in their dynamic presentations. Based in Evansville, Indiana, the company maintains a full-time schedule giving performances, workshops, residencies, and an annual summer camp to approximately 50,000 young people each year. We tour locally, regionally, and nationally to schools, libraries, community centers, performing arts centers, and with symphony orchestras.”
We are seeking skilled and talented musicians with:
– Experience in both performing for and working with children (arts education background a plus, but not necessary)
– A desire to explore unique interdisciplinary performance techniques and improvisation
– Strong convictions about the importance of arts education
– Strong communication skills & ability to work as a team member in achieving company mission & goals
– The ability to commit to rigorous training, rehearsal, and a full time touring schedule
– The ability to relocate to Evansville, Indiana and commence work immediately
– Starting Salary $20,000/year
– Two weeks paid vacation plus 12 paid holidays
– Health, Life and optional Dental Benefits
– Tour expenses (hotel, travel, per diem) paid by company.
– LOCATION: Evansville, Indiana
– DATES: To be determined, based on candidate’s earliest availability. Auditions will be by appointment only & will continue until the position is filled.
– After receipt of application materials and pre-audition phone call, audition dates & times will be assigned, in consultation with candidate.
SEND RESUME as soon as possible to email@example.com
(Applications will be considered in the order received & will be accepted until position is filled.)
Please include: 3 references with current contact information; any experience working with young people, any experience/training in dance, theater, storytelling, improvisation, or additional performance skills; & any secondary instruments you play. If available, please provide video/audio samples of your work (emailed links preferred).